Monday, November 16, 2009

Using Yahoo Intellisync with SyncML for mobile - why did it stop?

I use Yahoo Calendar Sync (Intellisync) for syncing my Outlook 2003 offline calendar to my Yahoo calendar. It's always worked fine, until it suddenly started reporting "Cannot log in to Yahoo; check username and password and try again".





I uninstalled and reinstalled with no effect. However, I found that I could type in my personal Yahoo account details (I use the sync with a shared Yahoo account normally), and it worked! So it's an account-specific problem.





I then read another two answers, one about Intellisync failing after attempting to use Yahoo Mobile SyncML - which is what I had also done - and another about editing the file:


YahooSettings.cfg in


C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Intellisync for Yahoo!





to change the line


Server URL=psync.yahoo.com to


Server URL=login.yahoo.com





to get things to work.





So - I added the two together, tried the URL line fix, and it works!





The question is... why? Anyone know. And if I attempt to use SyncML again, will it break again (it seems it shouldn't).

Using Yahoo Intellisync with SyncML for mobile - why did it stop?
I've been wondering the same thing. It seems so ridiculous
Reply:I made that change and it still doesn't work for me. Anyone else have some ideas? Report It


skin care

No comments:

Post a Comment