Thursday, November 19, 2009

How to configure Yahoo! MX records?

I use my Yahoo! account to send/receive all my personal email. I also have my own domain name hosted by a non-Yahoo service. That company has created an email alias for me so that email sent to myname@mydomain.com is forwarded to my Yahoo! email account ... myname@yahoo.com.





Here is my question ..... I want my outgoing mail from Yahoo! to identify me as myname@mydomain.com instead of myname@yahoo.com. I am paying Yahoo! $35/year for their "Yahoo! Mail Personal Address", which says that I can do this. However Yahoo! seems to be strongholding me to have them host my domain as well and I do not want to leave my current web host.





My current website host tells me they can configure the MX records on their end to allow me to do that with my Yahoo! email account, but they need to know what Yahoo!'s MX records are. Help!

How to configure Yahoo! MX records?
I believe you can get the MX records through the domain control panel. Look for the area where you can configure name servers and redirects and I believe the MX records are at the bottom of that page.

baby teeth losing

No comments:

Post a Comment